Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point
The Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system is internationally accepted as the system of choice for food safety management. It is a preventative approach to food safety based on the following seven principles:
– identify any hazards that must be prevented eliminated or reduced
– identify the critical control points (CCPs) at the steps at which control is essential
– establish critical limits at CCPs
– establish procedures to monitor the CCPs
– establish corrective actions to be taken if a CCP is not under control
– establish procedures to verify whether the above procedures are working effectively
– establish documents and records to demonstrate the effective application of the above measures
The HACCP approach provides a systematic way of identifying food safety hazards and making sure that they are being controlled day-in, day-out. This involves the following four steps: Plan, Do, Check and Act.
Approved Arrangement Guideline ~ Meat (Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service)
Guideline set to ensure that meat and meat products intended for export:
– are wholesome or are identified for further processing for food;
– meet the requirements for accurate trade description;
– meet the importing country requirements necessary to maintain market eligibility; and
– are traceable, can be recalled if required and their integrity is assured.
These guidelines provide a framework that will meet the requirements of the Australian Standard for the Hygienic Production and Transportation of Meat and Meat Products for Human
Consumption AS 4696 (Australian Meat Standard) and the Export Control (Meat and Meat Product) Orders.
These guidelines outline appropriate performance criteria to assist in demonstrating wholesomeness, safety and integrity of meat and meat products. The information provided in these
guidelines will aid in verifying on-going compliance of food safety and product integrity management systems of establishments in the Australian meat industry.
Safe Quality Food
SQF, Safe Quality Food, provides a comprehensive service to the food industry. Buyers and suppliers from around the world benefit from adopting a program that is truly global in nature. This enables suppliers to assure their customers that from farm-to-fork food and/or packaging has been processed, produced, prepared, distributed and handled according to the highest possible standards, at all levels of the supply chain.
SQF Certification has several advantages:
It is the only food safety program that offers certification for:
Primary producers and growers
Manufacturing, processing and distribution sectors
Reduces or eliminates the need for multiple, redundant audits
Protects a company’s brand integrity
Assures customers the processing of food and/or packaging is continually monitored to improve quality and safety.